I’m a power electrical engineer. That means that I measure voltage in kilovolts, power in megawatts, and my favourite numbers are √3 and i. My work involves:
- Power system analysis. (I simulate things blowing up.)
- Power systems protection. (Sensors that detect when things are blowing up.)
- Electrical design. (Designing installations which hopefully won’t blow up.)
My three superpowers are: making computers do what I want, drawing really good diagrams, and beating Microsoft Office until it submits to my will.
I geek out about science, engineering, and IT. I’d buy a lathe, mill and welding set right now, if only I had a place to put them.
I’m “internet famous” for things I’ve done in Minecraft, and my thesis on Online Empirical Mode Decomposition.
Other places to find me
- Stack Exchange
kooltou- Backup Microsoft Outlook to .msg files. (Python; compiled
.exefor Windows end users.)
cat-herder- A command line tool for updating Minecraft servers based on ATLauncher modpacks. (Python.)
morrowind-dnd3.5- Resources for running a DnD 3.5 game in Morrowind.
.lstfiles supporting the Morrowind DnD 3.5 campaign.
- DeviantART (abandoned)
“Maintaining a large range of agilities mental and physical requires regular exercise […]. That is why the capable are always busy.” - Edgser Dijkstra, 1996.
- Plain. No distractions.
- Full of things that are:
- Written by me.
- One or more of: useful, interesting, entertaining.
- About science, technology, engineering, math.
- Not listicles.
- A good citizen of the internet. (Small page sizes. HTTPS.)